Cosmetic dentistry is dentistry aimed at creating a positive change to your teeth and to your smile. Smile enhancement can have dramatic results on your overall appearance; even the smallest step can boost your confidence, self-esteem, and make you want to smile more. With modern advances in dentistry, cosmetic procedures can range from a basic color correction to replacing missing teeth, and everything in between. From the very basic to the most complex, Dr Maria specializes in Smile Designs to provide you with your vision of your smile. By offering the latest materials and techniques we offer the most diverse treatment options available to achieve your goals including:
- Dental Bonding: One of the most common and effective dental treatments available, dental bonding can correct small cracks and chips in the teeth with natural-looking results. In some cases, this treatment can serve as an alternative to orthodontic treatment for patients who have mild spacing issues between the teeth.
- Porcelain Dental Veneers: These veneers can correct a range of teeth imperfections with extremely durable, natural-looking results. Chips, stains, gaps, and even misaligned teeth can be covered with a porcelain veneer that is custom-designed to fit and blend in with your natural teeth. After creating a mold of your teeth, an outside lab will create a porcelain veneer that will precisely fit onto the damaged tooth. Then, the veneer will be color-tinted to match the surrounding teeth. Dr. Maria will then bond the veneer onto the tooth with a durable cement.Porcelain veneers are typically so much like your natural teeth, its hard to tell the difference. And the best part of all, most patients who have had porcelain veneers experience permanent results.
- Teeth Whitening: Decades worth of teeth stains caused by coffee, red wine, soda, and tobacco-use can be significantly lightened for a bright, beautiful smile. Our in-office teeth whitening procedure can lighten your teeth by 8 shades or more with a quick treatment and long-lasting results.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain dental crowns are custom-designed to restore teeth that are affected by severe decay or damage. They are also used to strengthen the teeth after root canal therapy, and they provide the finishing touches to a dental implant or a dental bridge. A crown not only gives the tooth much stronger and protective support, it also beautifully renews its appearance. Crowns can be very effective for supporting a large filling, protecting weak teeth from fracture, restoring fractured or chipped teeth, and many other issues. They are made to cover the entire tooth, and are specifically designed to produce the most comfortable fit and natural-looking results. Color-blended to match your surrounding teeth, porcelain dental crowns are so lifelike that it may be difficult to tell them apart from your natural teeth. Plus, the results can last for decades. Porcelain crowns can often be the best option for saving a heavily damaged tooth and renewing its appearance.
- Tooth Colored Fillings: Gone are the days of the old amalgam, metallic fillings – tooth-colored fillings are now the preferred method of filling cavities. Tooth-colored fillings are made of a strong composite resin that looks more like your natural tooth. These long-lasting alternatives to traditional amalgam fillings not only look better, they are also less likely to come loose and cause a return trip to the dentist. Tooth-colored fillings not only benefit those who need treatment for cavities – they can also be used to replace your original metal fillings.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge can be beneficial for those who are missing a tooth or teeth in a single area along the gum. Composed of an artificial tooth supported by dental crowns placed on each side, a dental bridge reduces the likelihood of slippage or shifting in the mouth, providing results that both look and feel like natural teeth. The artificial tooth or teeth in the center of a dental bridge are custom-made for the best possible fit and appearance. Dental bridges can help you improve the chewing, speaking, and aesthetic issues that are commonly associated with missing teeth.